Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, May 19, 2006

42 Minutes of Perfect Workout Songs

I burned a CD of iTunes songs from my Mac. Since I don't have an iPod (which I'm hoping to acquire one day), I figured the next best thing is to burn a CD of some of my favorite songs...about 42+ minutes worth...perfect amount of time for a workout.

Some are upbeat, some are slow and easy. I've read in several articles that the best cardio workout entails alternating slow paces with fast paces during a 45 minute workout. So here's my list that incorporates that theory:

Thunder Road...Bruce Springsteen

Say It Ain't So...Weezer

Put Your Lights On...Santana

I've Been Loving You Too Long...Otis Redding

Harder To Breathe...Maroon 5

Feelin' Good Again...Robert Earl Keen

Jersey Girl...Bruce Springsteen

C'mon C'mon...The Von Bondies (This happens to be the best workout song hands down!!)

Born To Run...Bruce Springsteen

Back-2-Good...Match Box 20 (The best cool down song)

Granted most of the songs are a slower pace (LOL), but I'm making a concerted effort to put a faster pace on most of the slower songs.

9 Comments:

  • Hey, those sound great to me! Do you find that the music drives you through the workout with more conviction? I sure do.

    When you get bored with that mix, burn another.

    Glad to see you going at it strong!

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 5/20/2006 6:01 AM  

  • It definitely does! It's beats changing the TV channels searching for a good show to watch.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5/20/2006 7:44 AM  

  • Rock on to the von Bondies. I too lack an iPod but thought of that song when I went out power walking this morning.

    Shannon, do you watch Rescue Me, too? C'mon, C'mon is the theme song (and season three starts up this week, btw.)

    By Blogger Lyrehca, at 5/20/2006 5:54 PM  

  • Yes I do watch Rescue Me and I'm counting down to the season premiere!!! It's supposed to be an excellent season.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5/20/2006 6:10 PM  

  • Yeah Shannon, I'll dance with you everyday!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 5/21/2006 4:58 PM  

  • Well, Thunder Road makes me drive far too fast, so I'm sure it would be a good addition to a workout cd.

    Blur, Song 2 is another great workout (or drive too fast) song. Whoohooo!

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 5/22/2006 11:40 AM  

  • Haha I drive too fast to Thunder Road too!!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5/22/2006 12:43 PM  

  • Thank you for your comment on my blog today - I am holding on and pushing ahead...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/22/2006 1:54 PM  

  • May I suggest George Michael's "Freedom" and Foo Fighter's "All My Life"?

    By Blogger Lehigh Valley Transplant, at 5/30/2006 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home