Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Son, The Political Activist

Brendon took it upon himself to write to the President.

Yesterday, on the way home from school, Brendon was trying to convince his carpool friend to not vote for Bush during the next election. He told his Carpool Friend to vote for Kerry instead. I wasn't about to bust in on the conversation to tell him that neither one would be running in 2008. I wanted to see where this conversation was going to go:

Brendon: Don't vote for Bush at the next election. I voted for Kerry the last time, so now I'll vote for him again.

Carpool Friend: I will vote for whoever I want. You can't tell me who to vote for. Why can't I vote for Bush?

Brendon: Because Bush won't let scientists help kids who have diabetes. And that's very bad because we need a lot of help. I want to get cured and Bush won't let it happen.

Carpool Friend: Well, I'm voting for Bush because I can make my own decisions.

I tuned out the conversation because Jacob started throwing a fit. But, by the time we got to Carpool Friend's house, CP informed me that he was going to vote for Kerry. I don't know how Brendon finally convinced him, but he has a knack for getting people to do what he wants.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home