Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Worry, Worry, Worry

Brendon finally went back to school today. He and I have had about enough of each other, LOL.

I spoke to the school nurse about his surgery, what to look out for, what he can and can't do.

She informed me that she resigned and that a new nurse is taking over in September. I was devastated. She's so good with Brendon. She checks him often, goes to the classroom to dose him when he's finished with his snack, she worries for me so that I don't have to.

Now she'll be gone...and I'll have a new nurse to deal with. I hope she'll be on top of his management the way the current nurse is especially since he'll be in school full time come September.

I hate change when diabetes is involved. I like finding a comfort zone and I do everything I can to preserve it. But when that zone changes, it sucks to have to rearrange it and make it comfortable again.

I'm trying not to worry now since September is so far off. Just enjoying the zone while it's here.

11 Comments:

  • I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next nurse is equally as good as the one you have now at your son's school.

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 5/04/2006 6:10 PM  

  • Do you have a 504 in place? If not, I STRONGLY urge you to get one. Poste haste. Best thing I ever did for O.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 5/04/2006 7:44 PM  

  • My sister-in-law has a 504 in place for her son (my step-nephew), he's got numerous metabolic issues, no diabetes, but others... She swears by having one.

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 5/04/2006 10:21 PM  

  • We have a 504 plan in place and will update it come September, but the new nurse could still be a dipshit.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5/05/2006 7:14 AM  

  • I don't have any children, but I have read a lot about the 504 plans. Parents seem to sing their praises daily.

    I'll be hoping that New Nurse isn't a ... dipshit.

    Must admit - laughed out loud when I read the word "dipshit." Struck me as damn funny.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 5/05/2006 9:50 AM  

  • That is one of many words I like to use to describe people who are idiots, LOL.

    Dipwad and dickweed are just a couple more in my sophisticated vocab.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5/05/2006 10:18 AM  

  • Indeed. Dipshit he/she could be. Hopefully not though. Crossing my every crossable for you guys.

    N

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 5/05/2006 12:09 PM  

  • I'm partial to fucktard when they're particularly dipshit-ish. It's extremely politically incorrect, but it's very satisfying. And fuck is my favourite swear, so there you go. More info that you wanted about my swearing habits, I'm sure. :D

    If you have a 504 in place, you're good. If the nurse is a fucktard rather than just a dipshit, you can then use that to get things done. If you do have problems, I will also urge you to sign up for the email list at Childrenwithdiabetes.com and ask for help there. There are parents on that list who have had to go to court to get their 504s enforced. They know how to fight effectively and can help you a lot, should you need it.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 5/05/2006 12:11 PM  

  • Ah yes, fucktard says it all, LOL.

    Thanks for the tip about the website.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2006 1:07 PM  

  • Anonymous was really me....don't know how that happened.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5/05/2006 1:51 PM  

  • yes, I hope the nurse is a good one. I strongly agree with the 504 plan comment. That way everyone is involved in your sons care. Good luck.

    By Blogger Mom on the Run, at 5/05/2006 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home