Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Today Is A New Day, So It Better Be A Good One Dammit!!

I had a rough Monday night folks.

Jake fell asleep with me in my bed last night and around 10:30, I hear this weird gurgling sound. Jacob sat up and proceeded to puke on my bed.

Ah hell.

I jumped up and grabbed a towel from the bathroom hoping to catch whatever else was coming out, but it was too late. My nice fluffy pillows and my comfy mattress were covered in puke.

Jacob was screaming and crying, he was covered in the stuff, and so I stripped him and the bed. Then I threw him into a shower to clean him off. He didn't want to leave my side and I had to get laundry in the wash, so I carried him piggyback style down the stairs with an armload of sheets and towels.

I set us up on an Aero bed in the playroom (modus operandi anytime someone has a stomach virus) and tried to sleep. Luckily there wasn't much to his stomach virus, but it wasn't the end.

Brendon woke around midnight saying his pinky still hurt from Jessica jumping on him earlier that evening. I figured it was bruised because it looked fine when he first showed it to me, so I told him to go back to sleep.

2:30 AM rolls around and I guess the pain woke him because he was in some serious discomfort. I took a look at his pinky again and it looked fine. I told him to try bend it and he couldn't. I squeezed the knuckle suspecting a dislocated joint and felt it pop back in. It was dislocated all this time!!

Around 4:30 AM, Jessica comes downstairs and refused to go back to her room, so I had to scare her back up to her room by telling her that Jacob was going to throw up on her if she didn't get back to bed. I tucked her into bed and really never fell back to sleep, not that I really ever slept anyway. So now this morning, I'm getting Brendon ready for a Pre-Op appointment for surgery he's having on Monday. Jeff is taking him in for it...it's the least he can do anymore.

7 Comments:

  • Ack! That damn stomach bug hit our house, too. It was quick, but brutal. I need new pillows as well.

    Never thought of the airmattress trick, thanks for the tip! I usually cover beds in towels and end up doing a lot of laundry.

    By Blogger Kassie, at 4/18/2006 9:43 AM  

  • Sorry to hear about the puke bug! Blech! At least it was only one puke though, but sounds like he made it a good one.

    Oh, and glad to hear the pinky is back in place - yikes! Poor you and poor kids. Hope tonight goes better for you and no one else gets the pukies.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 4/18/2006 11:13 AM  

  • omg my eyes watered reading about the pinky. I cannot handle that stuff at all!

    LOL about using scare tactics... Sad but true I have to tell Hannah that bugs will eat holes in her teeth if she doesn't brush them (preying on her severe hatred of 'buggies') I'm a horrible mom!

    Hope the house remains puke free - and if not, I hope its as warm as it is here so you can air the germs and funk out the house...

    Btw... re the dh - it HAS to be something about the name...

    By Blogger Erica, at 4/18/2006 12:16 PM  

  • Kassie, the air mattress is a godsend for situations like that.

    Vicki, I'm happy you stopped by!! You may complain about your boyfriend's snoring...this was a one shot deal for me...snoring is forever!


    Supermom, I was happy to supply encouragment :) I just hope you find a job that makes you happy in addition to providing for your family.

    Jamie, thanks. I hope tonight is better too :)

    Erica, must be something with the name. Haven't been too happy with him for quite some time now.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4/18/2006 12:44 PM  

  • Wow! That's quite a night Shannon! Kids & puke are no fun. I had to chuckle at both the gurgling noise (only because I've heard it at my house too), and the scare tactics.

    Hey, whatever works right?

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 4/18/2006 4:50 PM  

  • Urgh, the pukies. I hope everyone has recovered.

    That is a brilliant idea about the air mattress.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 4/19/2006 10:13 AM  

  • Shannons Emergency Ward, with the best care in town, full of great love and stories and charm...can do multi tasks at the same time, and pop tarts and knuckles, come one come all to Shannon's!! Never a dull moment!
    How do you do it?

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 4/19/2006 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home