Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Book Meme

Thank you Ms. Julia :)

Instructions: Bold the ones you've read. Italicize the ones you've been wanting/might like to read. ??Place question marks by any titles/authors you've never heard of?? Plus I'm adding this, as Turtlebella noted that the choice of books by each author is a mite idiosyncratic: put an asterisk if you've read something else by the same author.

Allcott, Louisa May Little Women
Allende, Isabel The House of Spirits
**Angelou, Maya I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
**Atwood, Margaret Cat's Eye
**Austen, Jane Emma
??Bambara, Toni Cade Salt Eaters??
??Barnes, Djuna Nightwoodde??
??Beauvoir, Simone The Second Sex??
Blume, Judy Are You There God? It's Me Margaret
Burnett, Frances The Secret Garden
Bronte, Charlotte Jane Eyre
Bronte, Emily Wuthering Heights
**Buck, Pearl S. The Good Earth
??Byatt, A.S. Possession??
**Cather, Willa My Antonia
Chopin, Kate The Awakening
**Christie, Agatha Murder on the Orient Express
??Cisneros, Sandra The House on Mango Street??
Clinton, Hillary Rodham Living History
??Cooper, Anna Julia A Voice From the South??
??Danticat, Edwidge Breath, Eyes, Memory??
??Davis, Angela Women, Culture, and Politics??
??Desai, Anita Clear Light of Day??
Dickinson, Emily Collected Poems
Duncan, Lois I Know What You Did Last Summer
DuMaurier, Daphne Rebecca
Eliot, George Middlemarch
??Emecheta, Buchi Second Class Citizen??
??Erdrich, Louise Tracks??
Esquivel, Laura Like Water for Chocolate
**Flagg, Fannie Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
Friedan, Betty The Feminine Mystique
Frank, Anne Diary of a Young Girl
??Gilman, Charlotte Perkins The Yellow Wallpaper??
??Gordimer, Nadine July's People??
Grafton, Sue S is for Silence
Hamilton, Edith Mythology
Highsmith, Patricia The Talented Mr. Ripley
??hooks, bell Bone Black??
??Hurston, Zora Neale ust Tracks on the Road??
??Jacobs, Harriet Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl??
??Jackson, Helen Hunt Ramona??
Jackson, Shirley The Haunting of Hill House
Jong, Erica Fear of Flying
Keene, Carolyn The Nancy Drew Mysteries (some, not all)
Kidd, Sue Monk The Secret Life of Bees
??Kincaid, Jamaic “Lucy??
**Kingsolver, Barbara The Poisonwood Bible
Kingston, Maxine Hong The Woman Warrior
??Larsen, Nella–Passing??
L'Engle, Madeleine “A Wrinkle in Time
??Le Guin, Ursula K. The Left Hand of Darkness??
Lee, Harper To Kill a Mockingbird
??Lessing, Doris The Golden Notebook??
??Lively, Penelope Moon Tiger??
??Lorde, Audre The Cancer Journals??
Martin, Ann M. The Babysitters Club Series
**McCullers, Carson The Member of the Wedding
**McMillan, Terry Disappearing Acts
??Markandaya, Kamala Nectar in a Sieve??
??Marshall, Paule Brown Girl, Brownstones??
Mitchell, Margaret Gone with the Wind
Montgomery, Lucy Maud–Anne of Green Gables
??Morgan, Joan When Chickenheads Come Home to Roost??
Morrison, Toni Song of Solomon
??Murasaki, Lady Shikibu The Tale of Genji??
**Munro, Alice Lives of Girls and Women
??Murdoch, Iris Severed Head??
Naylor, Gloria Mama Day
Niffenegger, Audrey The Time Traveller's Wife
**Oates, Joyce Carol We Were the Mulvaneys
O'Connor, Flannery A Good Man is Hard to Find
??Piercy, Marge Woman on the Edge of Time??
Picoult, Jodi My Sister's Keeper
**Plath, Sylvia The Bell Jar
Porter, Katharine Anne Ship of Fools
Proulx, E. Annie The Shipping News
Rand, Ayn The Fountainhead
Ray, Rachel 365: No Repeats
Rhys, Jean Wide Sargasso Sea
??Robinson, Marilynne Housekeeping??
Rocha, Sharon For Laci
Sebold, Alice The Lovely Bones
Shelley, Mary Frankenstein
Smith, Betty A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
??Smith, Zadie White Teeth??
Spark, Muriel The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
Spyri, Johanna Heidi
??Strout, Elizabeth Amy and Isabelle??
**Steel, Danielle The House
Tan, Amy The Joy Luck Club
??Tannen, Deborah You're Wearing That??
Ulrich, Laurel A Midwife's Tale
Urquhart, Jane Away
**Walker, Alice The Temple of My Familiar
??Welty, Eudora One Writer's Beginnings??
Wharton, Edith Age of Innocence
Wilder, Laura Ingalls Little House in the Big Woods
??Wollstonecraft, Mary A Vindication of the Rights of Women??
**Woolf, Virginia A Room of One's Own

5 Comments:

  • You haven't read Little Women or The Secret Garden? I love those books - I still re-read them once in a while, even now.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 4/09/2006 12:30 PM  

  • I might've read Little Women in high school, but I can't be sure...same goes for Secret Garden.

    I wish I kept a list of all of the books I've read. I'm always curious to know how many I've read in my lifetime.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4/09/2006 12:52 PM  

  • I have six bookcases full of books and I've given away hundreds in addition. Plus I've read a lot of library books over the years. I'm sure it's in the thousands - I've often thought of compiling a list, but then I think that might cross the line into total geek-dom. I already keep an Excel spreadsheet of books I want to read. It's 4 pages long....*sigh* It's a sickness.


    Hah!! My WVW is shbkx. Shh. Books. I swear, the WVW machine is psychic.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 4/10/2006 11:54 AM  

  • I'm pretty geeky when it comes to books...it's OK.

    I've given away hundreds of books too. There are a few I've kept for my kids.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 4/10/2006 1:02 PM  

  • what a long list...what is your favorite or some of your favortie books or stories?

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 4/10/2006 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home