Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Meh.

You have to understand that if Brendon doesn't fight me on not going to his baseball game tonight, then he is truely sick.

I got a call from school this morning saying Brendon was low, terribly pale and that he threw up in computer lab.

I thought I royally mucked up his dosage as he was low at breakfast time when I tested him.

When the nurse tested him, he was a 72, but soon after, he was a 42. She was able to get enough tabs and juice into him to start raising his blood sugar.

I brought him home and tucked him into my bed while he watched Sports Center.

He said he wanted to rest so that he'd be energized for his game tonight.

I played around with a temp basal rate to keep his numbers from dropping and hoped he didn't actually have a stomach flu.

A couple of hours later, he was "nice" and high. But he was still lackadaisacal, so I was suspecting he was sick rather than affected by a low.

Then this afternoon, he bargained with his father that if he didn't feel well enough to play then could he watch the game? That was fine.

Through out the day, he was resting and complaining his stomach bothered him, but he seemed hopeful that he would still play.

Well, when the time came, he said he needed to lay down and that his stomach was bothering him. I told him he wasn't playing and braced myself for an argument from him. But he conceded and asked if he could watch. I told him it's not a good idea for him to go at all and braced myself again for an argument. But he conceded.

He just asked me what time it was. I told him it's 5:55.

"That's 10 minutes after my game started."

9 Comments:

  • (((((HUGS))))) to Brendon! I hope he feels better soon (and that no one else catches the bug!).

    By Blogger Naomi, at 5/08/2008 7:35 PM  

  • Ugh poor Brendon. Hopefully it's a quick bug and the rest of the family will stay healthy.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 5/08/2008 7:42 PM  

  • I hope Brendon feels better soon. I know how kids hate to miss out on their sports & activities. But he knows you're doing all you can to help him get better & it's good that he realizes that.

    By Blogger Donna, at 5/08/2008 9:35 PM  

  • Major suckage! I hope he's feeling better very soon!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 5/08/2008 9:37 PM  

  • What a sweet little guy.

    My sweet little girl didn't get a desert because she didn't eat her dinner. She was also very mature and said 'I guess I need to hit you then' and laid a wallop on my back.

    When she came to (just kidding)...Needless to say it was a quick trip to the bed...and a quick check to make sure she wasn't low. Dammit she was 140 so she is a little brat and its not diabetes.

    By Blogger Brett, at 5/08/2008 9:52 PM  

  • At least he's not still throwing up...that's a good sign. Hope he's up and about soon!

    By Blogger Paige, at 5/08/2008 9:55 PM  

  • Hope he's feeling better soon, poor kid!

    By Blogger Lea, at 5/09/2008 9:40 AM  

  • Blows. Hope he's feeling better. Have a happy mother's day.

    By Blogger Carey, at 5/09/2008 3:52 PM  

  • Totally sucks for the cutie pie!
    Hope he's feeling better and you all stay well!
    k2

    By Blogger k2, at 5/09/2008 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home