Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Guys And Gals

This here's a new post. So, you know what that means. YES!! Brooke went bye bye.

Brendon had a friend to the house and while eating lunch D asked Brendon if he still like L (a girl). He said, "No, I used to like her and then I dumped her. Now I like S." Then they laughed. I thought to myself, '1. Did L actually know that Brendon liked her and 2. Did she ever know that she was actually dumped?'

Jacob will only allow "boy songs" to be played on the radio because boys listen to boy songs and girls listen to girl songs. "Boy songs" are basically songs sung by male performers. In the same vein, Jacob asked me if I ever fart? I told him I try not to but sometimes I do on the potty. After he misheard me and I clarified for him that I do not fart in Karate, he said "You don't fart!! Only boys fart. Girls don't fart."

Jacob is having a birthday party on Sunday. Out of the 12 kids invited from his preschool class, only 4 have RSVP'd and only 2 out of the 4 are going. That childish insecurity in me is rising up. It's embarassing to face the few parents at the party and have them see that no one else showed up and perturbing to not have anyone RSVP and stand up Jake on his birthday when he's looking forward to his party.

So now that I thoroughly threw myself under the bus with my farting habits and insecurities, I will bid you adieu...for now.

9 Comments:

  • I will forever keep Brooke in my heart. I like the dude who is always high. Ha! I don't think farting is allowed in karate. Those sensei types wouldn't stand for it. They're odd and scary MFers. Sucks about the RSVPs. Rude. Hopefully you'll get some late responders today and tomorrow.

    By Blogger Carey, at 5/01/2008 9:24 AM  

  • I'm so happy she got kicked off. What would we do without our daily dose of Shannon? Sorry to hear about Jacob's party, like Carey said, hopefully you'll get some last minute replies.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 5/01/2008 9:30 AM  

  • LOL at the kiddos. So funny sometimes!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 5/01/2008 11:56 AM  

  • Caroline's 6th birthday is this weekend and we're having a pool party, inviting about 12 also.

    Same thing - only like 2 responded by the beginning of this week, so my wife had to call around to everybody's parents to ask...and of course most all are coming...so its just that people are lazy and inconsiderate I think.

    By Blogger Brett, at 5/01/2008 12:31 PM  

  • If I don't hear from them by the end of the school day tomorrow, then I'll have to call them. I'd like to know how much pizza to order for chrissakes, LOL.

    I'll chalk it up to the parents being inconsiderate.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5/01/2008 12:36 PM  

  • kids are funny!
    And by the way, the only tiime farting is only allowed in karate is when the body needs to b jet propelled accross the mat or slammed into another body.

    The parents should know better regarding RSVPing, WTF?

    i say, damn the torpedoes and have a rockin good b-day party anyway! Make sure u have plenty of adult beverages on hand for you and your husband's own consumption!
    k2

    By Blogger k2, at 5/01/2008 1:32 PM  

  • Why are people so weird about RSVP-ing? Most of the time, they don't and just show up.
    Tell JakeI hope he has the BEST birthday this weekend, and that he has fun at his party!

    By Blogger Lea, at 5/01/2008 5:54 PM  

  • Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. No worries about the timeliness of it because the RSVP problem still irks me so I'm happy to read comments about it for as long as people will. Wait, let me amend that statement... I'm such a whore to comments that I'll take any comment on any of my posts any time. hehe

    I've found that I can only be an example of what to do by making sure that I DO RSVP (either way) and provide an explanation, if possible.

    Thanks again for stopping by and hope to see you back!

    By Blogger Nicole Brady, at 5/01/2008 9:21 PM  

  • {Quietly raising my hand in the background} I have to say I am sooooo guilty of not RSVPing. I have really been trying to do better. I know it is annoying because I feel the annoyance when people do it to me.

    You are definately shamming me into doing better.


    I hope he has a great party and that most of the Moms are just like me and just never seem to get the chance to pick up the phone to rsvp.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 5/02/2008 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home