Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, May 05, 2008

What Is There To Say?

  • Jacob had a fun, rainy day birthday party on Sunday. The kids (and parents...interestingly enough mostly dads) had a blast playing with all of the neat science exhibits and having races hoisting themselves up in the air on chairs using the pulley system. Jess and Jake were not, however, impressed with the petrified ice cream (a.k.a. dehydrated ice cream that the astronauts eat). But they all enjoyed the Sponge Bob cake and all of the kids had seconds, after having had 2-3 slices of pizza. Don't their parents feed them??
  • Brendon did really well pitching for his team's first official baseball game on Opening Day on Saturday. It was drizzly and our hands were gnarled into wet claws from the raw cold, but despite the poor weather, the boys did a great job playing without complaint. Unlike us parents who were muttering to each other about which inning it was and when would the game be over already.
  • I'm signing Jacob up for soccer for the Fall. Registration is Tuesday already. The poor kid is the only one not involved in a sport because he missed the Little League cut off date by two days and they wouldn't give him an exception. He's the typical 3rd child who gets the short end of the stick. So, here he is having to wait for 5 months to get on some sort of team.
  • I started Anna Karenina with the lofty intentions of finishing it. I bought it a couple of years ago when Oprah had it as her book club pick. I had several other books to read that I wanted to get out of the way so that I had no distractions and could sink my teeth into this 800 page monster. Holy Hell is it boring, so I'm going to pick up John Grisham's new release instead.
  • Stayed tuned for a special interview with the cutie pie, John Cusack.

8 Comments:

  • Ok I had to read Anna K for school right after we finished Madame Bovary (I think they were trying to kill us that year!) and after you get through the first few chapters it is pretty good. That is... if you want to get through the first few chapters. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/05/2008 11:59 PM  

  • I want to tackle Anna Karenina someday. Someday.

    That is, someday after my recent experience of Crime and Punishment. While very good, it also took me two months to read. It dragged in parts and just didn't capture my full attention at times.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/06/2008 7:29 AM  

  • Sounds like a pretty good weekend minus the whole Anna K situation. I've been attempting to read more intellectual books lately, and it really sucks!

    By Blogger Jillian, at 5/06/2008 9:43 AM  

  • I also have Anna K sitting on my bookshelf, patiently waiting for me to 1. start it and 2. finish it.

    Not sure it will ever happen, but it sure makes me look smart! :-D

    By Blogger Allison, at 5/06/2008 10:05 AM  

  • Riley missed playing "real" baseball by 13 days. He has to play T-ball again instead. He's not too happy about it.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 5/06/2008 2:19 PM  

  • I've read Anna Karenina AND War and Peace. HUGE swathes of my life that I'll never get back.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/06/2008 5:20 PM  

  • Did u say John Cusack? You know, I could show him around Philly if you'd like..

    By Blogger k2, at 5/06/2008 8:09 PM  

  • I'm behind in reading. I was reading this post and then forgot everything you wrote after I read "John Cusak."

    Shallow, I know. But I think I can say for all of us who are still a bit stuck in the 1980's... YOWZA!!!!

    By Blogger Naomi, at 5/08/2008 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home