What Is There To Say?
- Jacob had a fun, rainy day birthday party on Sunday. The kids (and parents...interestingly enough mostly dads) had a blast playing with all of the neat science exhibits and having races hoisting themselves up in the air on chairs using the pulley system. Jess and Jake were not, however, impressed with the petrified ice cream (a.k.a. dehydrated ice cream that the astronauts eat). But they all enjoyed the Sponge Bob cake and all of the kids had seconds, after having had 2-3 slices of pizza. Don't their parents feed them??
- Brendon did really well pitching for his team's first official baseball game on Opening Day on Saturday. It was drizzly and our hands were gnarled into wet claws from the raw cold, but despite the poor weather, the boys did a great job playing without complaint. Unlike us parents who were muttering to each other about which inning it was and when would the game be over already.
- I'm signing Jacob up for soccer for the Fall. Registration is Tuesday already. The poor kid is the only one not involved in a sport because he missed the Little League cut off date by two days and they wouldn't give him an exception. He's the typical 3rd child who gets the short end of the stick. So, here he is having to wait for 5 months to get on some sort of team.
- I started Anna Karenina with the lofty intentions of finishing it. I bought it a couple of years ago when Oprah had it as her book club pick. I had several other books to read that I wanted to get out of the way so that I had no distractions and could sink my teeth into this 800 page monster. Holy Hell is it boring, so I'm going to pick up John Grisham's new release instead.
- Stayed tuned for a special interview with the cutie pie, John Cusack.