Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, December 03, 2007

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

This picture was taken in a little shop in Aix en Provence.

I was brashly told by the shop keeper "NON!! Impossiblé!!", as he wagged his finger at me. He didn't like that I took a picture of his home décor items.

I apologized in English because I was too flustered to think of an apology in French. I don't know if I even knew how to apologize in French. Actually, I don't.

I walked over by Corey, feeling self conscious like a berated child. She slowly perused the other items. She observed each and every item starting from the front of the store, and made her way to the back.

The shopkeeper kept glaring at us. He wouldn't dare tell us to leave, but it was obvious he wanted us to.

God, Corey was taking her own sweet time looking at everything.

She finally made her way to the front of the shop and we both walked out much to my relief....

And much to the relief of the shopkeeper who slammed the door shut behind us nearly hitting us in the ass, and immediately locked it.

I told Corey what he said to me and she said she heard everything he said. She knew that he wanted us out of there which is why she took her time looking through the store.

She knew it would piss him off.

And I knew she was a true friend ;)




5 Comments:

  • Hi Shannon,
    Wow! How rude of that shopkeeper! I'm glad you had Corey there with you. What an experience!

    By Blogger Donna, at 12/03/2007 7:49 PM  

  • I wonder why he didn't want you to take a picture... that's kind of weird. And why would he want you to leave? You're customers! Or, could have been...

    BTW, to say I'm sorry, it's "Je suis desolee" (with an accent mark on the first e)

    Prounced: Juh SWEE day-SO-lay.

    Have Corey say it for you. Or I can when I see you (eventually!)

    By Blogger Allison, at 12/03/2007 8:08 PM  

  • Heh heh - yep, that's a true friend.

    Sounds like someone crapped in that guys corn flakes for breakfast. What an ass!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 12/04/2007 11:31 AM  

  • Crap! I'm always the friend who wants to run out when someone yells at us. What does that say about me!? I'm glad Corey was there for you.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 12/04/2007 1:38 PM  

  • I love that shop.
    I don't like the snobby clerks.
    I love their style and how they display things.
    I don't like their attitude.
    He was rude.
    His lost.
    Love the photo you took.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/07/2007 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home