Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, November 01, 2007

How Diabetes Keeps Me Honest

In honor of National Diabetes Awareness Month.

I was about to call the school today and lie to them.

You know what stopped me?

Diabetes.

You know how diabetes kept me honest?

Because Brendon sees the school nurse who talks to the secretary who takes the calls about student absences from the parents.

I couldn't find my car keys all day. I was just going to go ahead, call the school, and tell them that Jessica was sick and that she wouldn't be attending school. I didn't think that my excuse of not being able to find my car keys would be an acceptable enough excuse to save me from embarassment, so I chose a lie instead.

But then when I started thinking about it, I realized that the school secretary would tell the school nurse who would tell Brendon who would ask me about it tonight who would find out the truth and would then tell the nurse the next day that Jessica wasn't sick, my mom couldn't find her car keys.

So I made sure no stone was left unturned and tore the house apart. I managed to find my car keys. Much to my relief.

3 Comments:

  • When did you get added to the Diabetes Daily headline list? Makes my blog reading so much easier! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2007 2:27 PM  

  • School nurses always have the latest gossip, you can not get away with anything. Trust me I have tried. Like Sara, I am very glad you are on the Diabetes Daily Headlines.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 11/01/2007 7:17 PM  

  • Sounds like something I would try to do ....

    Glad you found your keys :)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 11/01/2007 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home