Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Screw It

That diet I posted about....the one I made up....well, I haven't stuck with it since that post. Not a single day.

I never get a chance to go grocery shopping on a regular basis, so I run out of essential foods like fruits and vegetables.

Yesterday I stocked up on Smart Ones frozen meals by WW. It's quick, easy, and I don't have to think. Just nuke and eat.

I do fine with breakfast, and dinner isn't too bad. We've been ordering take out a lot less, so basically my new plan is to eat less. It's so much easier than planning out specific menus.

I swear I have undiagnosed ADD. I'm definitely not ADHD....no hyperactivity tendencies that's for sure.

As a result of my ADD, I'm embarking on a new workout routine. While I'm still doing tri stuff, I wanted to do something different to help me lose weight.

The Women's Health magazine website has a Ultimate Fitness Plan Challenge where they assign a different workout plan every two weeks.

To start, you take a fitness test to see what level of fitness you are. They give three levels: Aspiring, Strong, and Solid. You take the test every 4 weeks to see how you're progressing.

Once you determine which level you're capable of, you do the corresponding intensity for whatever the workout assigns.

The Challenge lasts for 24 weeks. We'll see if I actually commit and follow the program to completion.

4 Comments:

  • You and me girl ... I swear I have adult ADD. I change my mind constantly - I start one task and do not finish it before starting another - I usually have a ton of things going on at the same time. I get bored easily and don't follow rules/instructions all that well LOL - I get frustrated and make up my own rules.

    I think I have a problem.

    Good luck with the new work out regime. Let me know how it goes!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 5/24/2007 10:53 PM  

  • You should do it with me! It'll help me stay on track.

    We'll report in on Facebook, LOL.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 5/24/2007 11:05 PM  

  • Oooo... did someone say facebook??

    I dont care what you are wanting to do.. I am in!!!! LOL

    By Blogger Jenn, at 5/25/2007 7:19 PM  

  • LMAO Jenn ... email me the details Shannon ;)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 5/25/2007 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home