Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, May 18, 2007

Kids 1 -- Mommy 0

My walls have murals drawn by budding artists. Each and every surface of my house....tables, couches, cabinets, there's more but it's too much to list....bear the mark of a future Picasso, Georgia O'Keefe, Jackson Pollock.

Well, I got fed up and hid all of the pens, markers, crayons, paints, etc. in the hopes of preventing my house from becoming an artist colony.

We did however need one pen to record Brendon's diabetes numbers and info on his logsheets which are kept on a clipboard in the kitchen. I decided to tie the pen nice and tight to the clipboard to prevent them from carrying the pen into any old room to draw any old thing. And it had worked for a while. They couldn't manage to get the knots undone to detach the pen.

But the kids caught on.

They carried the clipboard into the dining room so that they could use the pen graffiti all over a book that was laying on the table.

Bite me.

2 Comments:

  • Ok - you know I've been there (and I'm still there). I've tried removing every single pen/pencil/crayon/marker in the house (put them up) in order to stop the graffiti. It never works - they find a pen dad brought home from work, they find a nub of a crayon in the bottom of their toy box - I feel like I'm in a losing battle here.

    I feel your pain (smart little farts, huh?).

    Oh, and hey - welcome to facebook :P

    By Blogger Jamie, at 5/19/2007 5:38 PM  

  • lol! That last line made me crack up!

    I can't wait to use it !!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 5/19/2007 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home