Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Play Yard Education

Song playing on the radio: Right now he's probably slow dancing with a bleach blonde tramp, and she's probably getting frisky...right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink cause she can't shoot whiskey...

Jessica: I know who sings this song.
Me: Who sings it?
Jessica: Carrie Underwood. D told me. (pause)....Did I say something wrong?
Me: No, why?
Jessica: Why are you smiling?
Me: Because I think you're cute.
Jessica: Do you know what bathroom Polo means? (sidenote: term is mentioned in song)
Me: No, what does it mean?
Jessica: Someone who spends a lot of money. D told me that.

D seems to know a lot about a song that talks about wrecking a cheating boyfriend's car.

I'm going to have to have many talks with my little girl and make sure I keep the communication open so that she can come to me without feeling threatened that I'll get upset.

She's 5 going on 15.

3 Comments:

  • Cute! Oh Shannon those questions will keep coming, don't you worry about that. The older the child the wilder the questions too!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/30/2007 5:26 PM  

  • Bathroom Polo? That's a new one to me and I have a twelve year-old who loves that song. Much as I hate to admit it, it is a very cute song.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 5/31/2007 12:05 AM  

  • i love that song. It always gets CRANKED when im in my car. Now it takes on a whole new vision.
    :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 6/05/2007 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home