Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, November 06, 2006

It May Be Redundant, But Hey, It's 50,000 Words

I got absolutely no writing done this weekend. Part of this is because, well, I was just lazy. Another part is because I could think of absolutely nothing to write about. But I'm reminding myself that this NaNoWriMo is all about content.

So what's to stop me from turning Jack Nicholson from the Shining and write the same line over and over until I've gotten to 50,000 words? You know the famous line he typed out: "All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy."

Shelley Duvall sees a pile of pages near the typewriter that Jack had been glued to throughout the movie and thinks "Wow, he got his novel completed...let's have a looksee." And then she starts flipping through the pages and sees that famous line I quoted above. She starts getting freaked out, Jack catches her looking at his manuscript, and then the chaos begins with Jack chasing the family around....

Maybe Jack was involved in the NanoWriMo and got fed up and just took the easy way by writing the same thing over and over.....

Minus insane psycho part, I think Jack was onto something....

6 Comments:

  • I. Agree.

    :)

    By Blogger Kerri., at 11/06/2006 9:21 AM  

  • It would be so difficult for me to write on the basis of quantity only. I just don't think I could do it!

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 11/06/2006 12:25 PM  

  • lol

    You can do this ... you know you can. You want to do this.

    There is nothing like being able to say "I wrote a novel." Nothing. There may be some things that are better, but nothing exactly like it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/06/2006 12:41 PM  

  • Thanks Cap...keep the encouragement coming please :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 11/06/2006 12:42 PM  

  • LOL - The Shining is one of my favourite movies of all time - no one playes a psycho quite like Jack does in that movie ....

    I wish you luck as you continue on with your writing. I'm not a very creative person, so I'd be doing the Jack thing myself if I had taken on that challenge lol. Keep at it - I'm sure by the end of the month you'll have something very interesting on paper ... :)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 11/06/2006 2:50 PM  

  • Heeeeeeeeeere's JOHNNY!

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 11/06/2006 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home