Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, August 18, 2006

A Post About Nothing and the Perfect Summer Day

Lately it seems as though my blog has very little to do about Brendon and diabetes. This is a good thing. No issues. Or at least none that I'm recognizing. School starts on the 30th, so we'll be meeting with a new school nurse who is just starting this school year.

I actually had already met her recently at a girls' night out with a group of women. We chatted and she reaffirmed that she would meet with us before school started to get the management plan squared away. I like her, and feel very comfortable as I was concerned about who would take the place of the previous nurse who I became very attached to.


Yesterday was the perfect summer day. The air was dry and breezy, sun warm, the air fresh and clean.

My three children playing together harmoniously in the backyard....

catching baby toads....

watching them swim around in water puddled in our deflated pool....

squirting them around with the hose....

Brendon wondering why his baby toad wasn't swimming....

noting that it felt squishy and puffy....

absorbing the blow when I told him that his toad was dead....

me asking him where the baby toad went when I later checked on them....

Brendon telling me he threw it up in the sky to Froggy Heaven....

me knowing that he most likely threw it pop-fly style to where it is now laying somewhere on the lawn waiting to be stepped on....

or mowed over.

2 Comments:

  • Not blogging about Diabetes is a sign that things must be "ok" .... for now (you know it'll change - it always does) .... aren't I full of optimism today???

    I'm sure froggy IS in the neighbours yard - heh heh - funny story.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 8/18/2006 5:20 PM  

  • i love hearing about your day, i am glad to see it was happy, even if the toad died!

    Smiling at you.

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 8/21/2006 3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home