Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, August 21, 2006

Happy New Year!!

When I was a kid, September heralded the entrance of not only the new school year, but the buying of school supplies.

I couldn't wait to go with my mom to Two Guys (remember that store?) and get my hands on brand new #2 Ticonderoga pencils in pastel colors and matching erasers to stick on the end of them when the original erasers wore out.

I had to deal with life altering decisions like: Should I choose the Trapper Keeper with the Puppies, or the Kittens?

Ah, the clean white crispness of the sharply lined notebook paper waiting to receive my carefully, and neatly written cutely curled cursive handwriting.

I promised myself I would study every single day, do my homework as soon as I got home from school, and would be completely organized overall.

Two weeks into the school year...without fail....every year, those expectations would go downhill and I would get sloppy in my notetaking and my procrastinating ways would overcome my idealistic walk on the straight and narrow of studying hard and diligently.

Now, I am faced with the same shiny newness of the new school year with Brendon. In addition to all of the anticipated shopping for new pencils, notebooks, and various other instruments of successful schooling, I am anticipating the gathering of:

Glucose meter
Test strips
Lancets
Glucagon
Ketone meter
Ketone strips
Juice
Infusion set
alcohol wipes
Cotton balls
Insulin
A revised 504 plan

Here's to a successful and safe school year to all the kids in the DOC.

6 Comments:

  • I hope Brendon has a wonderful school year. Oh those feelings of all things bright and new. Hooray!

    By Blogger Vivian, at 8/21/2006 3:20 PM  

  • I saw some filler paper in CVS the other day. It made me so nostalgic, I bought a package - and I've pledged to write something on filler paper everyday until it's gone. I loved back to school shopping.

    Tell our Superman I hope he gets a nice teacher, a cool lunch bag/box, and has a great school year kick off.

    ;) N

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 8/22/2006 9:39 AM  

  • Your love and attentive care is certain, you will teach him with your steadfast care; He will have a wonderful school year! I am thinking of you and Brendon!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 8/22/2006 10:30 AM  

  • Ah, yes-- shopping for school supplies... I think Joseph approaches this task with the same relish you convey here.

    He just loves all of those new notebooks (until, of course, he's forced to fill them with spelling words, math problems and research notes-- then, not so much :-)

    By Blogger Sandra Miller, at 8/22/2006 3:12 PM  

  • Hope All goes well this school Year

    By Blogger Laura, at 8/22/2006 10:19 PM  

  • Shopping for school supplies, wasn't it always so fun? I actually blogged about this very same thing a week or so ago. Each time I see the sections in Target or my local grocery store go up, I still get that magical feeling. Isn't it funny how that feeling stays with you no matter how old you are?

    Hope Brendon has a great year!

    By Blogger Tami Klockau, at 8/29/2006 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home