Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Herding Cats


"Babysitting your kids is like herding cats", my mom always says to me when she comes to visit. I picture cowboys on horses riding along side hundreds of cats running every which way....utter chaos.

Well, she should be with me today, chaperoning over 100 Kindergarteners for a class trip. We're going to the Palace Theatre to see "The Velveteen Rabbit". I have a sore throat, a headache, and I'm tired. Those kids best not piss me off (just kidding...I'm not in that bad of a mood).

Hopefully I'll have some funny stories to tell about the impending fiasco.

4 Comments:

  • Good luck on the field trip and I hope you are feeling better. The piece you wrote for your class is beautiful. That last sentence is a quote that all mothers should put on their mental frig so we can look at it each day and remember how true and important those words are. Thank you for sharing.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 5/30/2006 9:07 AM  

  • Have fun on the field trip! Can't wait to hear how THAT goes! LOL.

    Love the piece you wrote about your son and his Diabetes. Beautiful. Like Vivian said - those last words should be on every Mom's fridge.

    Thanks for sharing that with us.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 5/30/2006 2:36 PM  

  • What an amazing entry, Shannon.

    I hope you have a good day today... With your cowboy hat and your cat nip.

    ;)

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 5/30/2006 2:44 PM  

  • I am at a lost for words. Your love is evident. That last sentence perfection..love acts on such words!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 5/31/2006 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home