Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, March 10, 2006

Test Strips Aren't Just for Blood Tests Anymore

Sandra posted about her daughter at play with a piece of chalk and a used test strip. The strip was a little boy looking for his mom, who happened to be a piece of chalk. This got me thinking, what can used test strips be used for other than makeshift dolls?

Here is what I've used them for:

1. I successfully picked the bathroom lock with a test strip when the key went missing.

2. The time on my minivan radio went haywire and reverted back to 12:00. I was able to use the corner of a test strip to press the buttons in order to turn the clock back to the current time.

3. They make a terrific toy rattle when put back into an empty strip container. My youngest spent many hours shaking containers when he was too young to open them.

4. Finally, the back sides of test strips come in handy as markers for miniature plant pots (or you can even mark plants when starting seeds for a garden which is what I will soon be using them for).

4 Comments:

  • hilarious! <3 thanks for making me smile!

    By Blogger bethany, at 3/10/2006 4:33 PM  

  • I seem to be amusing people today (in reference to Johnboy laughing about me eating a banana).

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/10/2006 4:37 PM  

  • Definitely some good uses. I have been known to use them to get dirt out from under my finger nails, however gross that may be.

    At almost a dollar each, I need as much mileage from them as possible.

    By Blogger Christine, at 3/10/2006 7:49 PM  

  • Great post!

    I got a real kick out of using the strips as markers for mini plant pots! Brilliant!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 3/11/2006 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home