Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring!

Today is Spring, or as Brendon said this morning, "It's the Equal Knox today".

I put a call in to Brendon's nurse educator to find out what his A1C was. He had an appointment last Wednesday which went well. I was expecting above an 8, but crossing my fingers for at least the high 7's. His numbers had been high for the past month, seemingly more often than not.

I just got a call back. She told me his A1C was a 7.0. I breathed a deep sigh of relief. She told me that even though he had a bunch of high numbers, there were more lower numbers in between.

It's really hard to keep the low numbers and high numbers in perspective. Those highs just jump right out at you and umbrella over the lower numbers.

On a side note, whenever you see PWD in someone's post, am I the only one who thinks of a rap group? The PWD Posse pops into my head.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home