Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gettin' The Itch.....

My poor neglected blog needs some TLC. So here's some cow bell to get it revved up again:

This morning I was awakened to three little munchkins jib jabbering about the leprechaun coming.

"Let’s see if the Leprechaun came."

"The Leprechaun came!!! WOOHOOOOO!!"

"He left us chocolates!"

"The Leprechaun took the money!"

Background story:

Yesterday, Jacob told me that he and his class built a leprechaun trap to leave in class and that maybe he’d leave them gold coins and candy. He was mostly hoping that the trap would capture the leprechaun himself. He’s been working on earning a pet and a leprechaun would be the best pet ever!!

But Jakey got greedy and wanted to build a trap at home too. I didn’t think of the ramifications at the time.

Later that night while I was cooking dinner, he and Jessica constructed a trap made of a cardboard box and some green cellophane wrapping paper.

"Leprechauns LOVE green!"

They wrapped the box inside and out using a whole damned bottle of Elmer’s glue!

Then they set the trap by propping the box up with a green notebook and a gold basketball trophy.

The kids all went to bed and now it was time for the leprechaun to come and trick ‘em!

The leprechaun couldn’t leave candy because there was no junk food to leave. Grrrrrr…..

No Sakajawea coins were laying around. So no gold leave. Grrrr……

ROCKS! Leprechaun will leave them rocks as a trick for trying to trap him.

But all the mangy rocks in the house that were collected by the kids were tossed out. Grrrrr…..

Aha! Chocolates!

So I asked Jeff where he hid my chocolates that he bought me for my birthday and that are offlimits because of all the working out I'm doing. He said they were on his shelf in the closet.

"You’re kidding me! I looked for them there one day and never found them." Grrrr……

He said they were hidden in a shoebox on his shelf.

I got them down and put a few under the box, took the sh*tload of coins the kids left and called it a night.

15 Comments:

  • Shannon! Yay! We've missed the heck out of you!

    I've struggled like that when my son lost a tooth and I had no money... Major. Suckage.

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 3/17/2009 10:54 AM  

  • Hey Shannon,

    It's good to see you back. You must tell us what their reaction was.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 3/17/2009 11:28 AM  

  • Ohhhh fun!! I would have never thought about building a leprechaun trap...LOL! Welcome back to blogging :)

    By Blogger Jill, at 3/17/2009 11:51 AM  

  • This must be some totally new phenomena... there were leprechauns at my school today as well, which messed up classrooms and left treasures.

    Where the hell were all these leprechauns when I was growing up? I think I needed ONE MORE CANDY HOLIDAY!!!

    Welcome back!

    By Blogger Naomi, at 3/17/2009 2:05 PM  

  • Shannon!
    Missed you friend!
    These Leprechaun traps of which u speak seem to be quite popular, my friend just built one for his kids on Saturday.
    Hey, you think they'd leave some vodka if I built me a Leprechaun Trap?
    I promise to share & make us a martinis !
    k2

    By Blogger k2, at 3/17/2009 7:45 PM  

  • One more thing... I've nominated you for an Honest Scrap award. See my blog to check out the details. You always brighten my day with your writing!

    By Blogger Naomi, at 3/17/2009 9:38 PM  

  • Your kids are too smart :D

    Glad to see you blogging again! And what was the reaction to the chocolate??? Glad you had something to leave behind from Mr. Leprechaun :D

    Jamie

    By Blogger Jo., at 3/17/2009 10:23 PM  

  • YEA! shannon's back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/18/2009 3:01 PM  

  • Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone! :D

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/20/2009 8:52 AM  

  • you're back! want to come guest-blog over at my place? we need some love over there.

    By Blogger Paige, at 3/20/2009 11:58 AM  

  • Too funny.
    Glad to see you back - I've missed reading your posts.

    By Blogger Ronda, at 3/22/2009 11:13 AM  

  • hey Shannon -
    Just wanted to say hi. I took a long blogging break and am catching up with my old bloggy friends.
    Hope you are well and hope to see you post soon!

    By Blogger Life As I Know It, at 5/12/2009 4:48 PM  

  • As a grandmother of a 11 year old diabetic, I am with you. Your story reminded me of children and coins under the pillow. Magic is the best medicine of all.

    b

    Here is a post about my grandchildren and the "Cousin's Club" donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

    By Blogger b+ (Retire In Style Blog), at 5/15/2009 12:09 PM  

  • Dear sir / Madam

    My self jitendra khimlani from india , I want to get some information regarding diabetes in children I got your reference from google search , I have a daughter she is 5 years old she is diabetes patient we husband and wife are non diabetic , we are regularly monitoring her and getting frustrated with this situation like test her sugar level and give insulin time to time but we need to cure it completely we are able to do anything for her , if possible any way please help us ....

    If any research or any other science will cure it then please let us know , because we are not aware of all the technology.

    Regards
    jitendra

    By Blogger jd13784, at 3/02/2010 5:10 AM  

  • nice writting

    By Blogger Angel, at 9/29/2010 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home