Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hey Look! A Gray Hair!

Jessica (6 years old): Is pot illegal?

Me (in my head): DOH!

Me: Yes. It's illegal.

Jessica: What is pot?

Me: It is a plant that people dry up and smoke like a cigarette.

Jessica: Is it sometimes called weed?

Me (in my head): Wha the fuuuu???

Me: Yeah.

Jessica: Is it a poison weed?

Me: Yes. It's poison.

Jessica: Does Nana have any of the poison weed?

Me (in my head): Whaaa? LMAO.

Me: Uh, you know. I don't know.

Jessica: Why aren't cigarettes illegal?

Me: Because tobacco isn't illegal and too many people make too much money off of it.

Me (again): Where are you getting these questions from?

Me (in my head): And why am I getting the munchies?

Jessica: NEVERMIND!

I turns out she has seen commercials about "It's never to early to talk to your child about drugs". I will remain calm and openminded about questions that pop up.

SAME DAY

Jacob (5 years old): What does illegal mean?

Me: It means if you do something that is against the law then you go to jail.

Me (in my head): Why not just cut to the chase with the kid.

Jacob: I want Brendon to do something illegal so he goes to jail. And then he'll have to work in a restaurant.

Brendon (8 years old) (Laughs): That would be so cool to work in a restaurant!

Me: What!? No it wouldn't!

6 Comments:

  • I've thought it before, but that girl is sure to be more than a handful before too long...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2008 7:28 AM  

  • LOL. Working in a restaurant is a little like going to prison. LOL.

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 9/10/2008 10:48 AM  

  • Ha ha!! How did he associate working in a restaurant with prison ??? LMAO!

    That's too funny ....

    I haven't been asked what weed is yet - but I have been asked if I've smoked cigarettes before *sigh*. Can't wait until I get asked if I've tried pot .... *which I haven't ... ever ... really ... honest .... ahem ...*

    By Blogger Jamie, at 9/10/2008 11:51 AM  

  • Well I just learned one thing - trying to read and type the word verification requirement to post a reply is very difficult after having smoked weed.

    Just kidding...boy kids are hilarious - I can totally see the two sides of what you said outside versus what you were thinking inside ('what the fuuuuuuu') LOL

    By Blogger Brett, at 9/10/2008 4:34 PM  

  • OMG you watch The Hills? Like, my BFF from forEVER watches the Hills and she called me and was like, OMG did you watch The Hills, and I was like NO! OMG I totally was working on my Myspace page, and so I was like "What happened?" And she was like, IDK, but LC and Heidi are soooooooooooo over it all, and I was like "over what?" Etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/10/2008 10:10 PM  

  • Favorite line?

    "Does Nana have any of the poison weed?"

    I don't know why, but that cracks me up.

    By Blogger Paige, at 9/13/2008 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home