Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

If I Were A Hipster, I'd Be Diggin' The Irony

But when you have a kid who tells you his blood sugar is 30 and he has 3 units of insulin on board (meaning in his system), the irony sucks.

The other day, Brendon informed me of what his blood sugar was. Of course we had just run out of juice the day before and I keep junk food out to the house, so there were no foods with simple sugar. I had already given him honey that morning for a low and he could barely swallow it...he hates the stuff. So getting enough of it in him wasn't going to cut it.

I gave him what I thought was enough carb loaded foods...along with jelly to keep him from dropping any further. All was well in the end.

Here's where the irony comes in: This morning, I was refilling the sugar bowl with Splenda and when I took the big ol' bag of the stuff out of the cabinet, what do you think was behind it?

Two juice boxes.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home