Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

He Won Me Over

....At the moment I thought that, the cute guy in the muscle shirt came over and said,

"Is there a problem here?"

The drunken idiot looked up at him...I think the guy was shorter than me...and said, "Uh.....", and then looked back at me.

I said, "No, there's no problem here."

"No, no problem. Sorry to have bothered you." And the drunken idiot slunk off to another corner of the bar.

"Hi, my name is Jeff."

"I'm Shannon."

"So, blah blah blah blah."

"Blah blah blah blah."

"Ugh. I hate dance music. Do you want to go outside and get some fresh air?"

"Sure."

Jeff opened the door to the FRONT of the bar and let me out first.

Nice!

We walked into a little section smaller than a breezeway to get to the door to the outside.

Jeff turned to me and here's where I thought, 'Oh brother, now he's going to try to make out with me. So typical.'

But instead, he opened the door for me and let me through.

I had never had a guy open the door for me. I was impressed.

So we walked...holding hands!! I never had a guy hold hands with me before because he was so busy trying to make moves on me.

We talked while we walked. I kept looking back to make sure that if he tried to rape me, I'd know where to run back to.

There was a little park bench on the sidewalk where we sat and we talked some more.

And that is all we did. He didn't try to kiss me or touch me. He just talked TO me. And he seemed interested in what I had to say.

Not that I was the intellectual college student at this point:

"I watch TV a lot."

"OMG...me too!!"

"My parents are divorced and I have a brother."

"OMG...me too!!"

We talked some more and realized how much we had in common, LOL.

We decided to walk back and saw that there were no signs on the front of the buildings we walked along. How far up had we walked from? I guess I hadn't paid that close attention.

We stopped to scope out the situation when, from across the street, I saw a midget walk out from a bar and cross to the other side (Why did the midget cross the street? To get to the other side).

"You know", I said, "there was a midget at the bar we were in. Maybe he's the same one. Let's follow him and see where he goes."

"I don't think he's going back to the bar we were in."

"Well, let's just see."

So we followed the midget and saw that he walked through the entrance of one of the buildings. We walked through the same doorway he did and I was accosted by one of my friends. Yup, we found the right bar.

"WHERE WERE YOU????!!!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE WITH HIM????!!!! YOU COULD'VE BEEN RAPED AND KILLED!!!!"

She got very loud whenever drunk.

"It's OK. He didn't even try to make out with me!!"

"Really??!!"

"Yeah! It was so nice. We just talked."

At the end of the night, he walked us to our car (we DID have a designated driver, btw) and we exchanged numbers.

This one was different. He was a really good guy.

He called me the next day and for 17 years, we've talked every day since. With some sex in between.

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home