Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Shouldn't Think About This While I'm Tired

Today was a "Meet Your Teacher Day" where parents and kids go to school to meet their teachers. We met Brendon's teacher in a new school with a new nurse. So explanations needed to be gone over with Mrs. S. She seemed very understanding and was willing to work with us. She was sweet. I'm meeting with the nurse tomorrow to give her supplies and a once over of the 504 Plan.

As we walked through the halls, I said hello to people we knew, stopped to talk for a while and was so envious at how carefree they were. They just had to breeze in, meet the teacher and walk out again.

I, on the otherhand, was tense about making sure the teacher knew everything she had to know about Brendon.
Make sure to send him to get tested at the nurse's office if you notice him to be very agitated. That could be a sign he's low. He generally knows he 's low, so make sure to have him tested if he complains he feels that way. He's to be tested before lunch, before and after recess, before and after gym. But I'm sure the nurse will go over everything with you and work out a plan for you two to follow. Don't worry. It will all be fine. I don't think there was ever a major problem that the other school had to deal with.


Ugh. One explanation after the next while hoping we weren't overwhelming the teacher with information.

I just wanted to go to the school and meet the teacher. That's all.

6 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger DIN GTF, at 8/27/2008 11:53 PM  

  • That'll be me next year. I'm a year away and I'm already stressing about sending my kid to kindergarten and meeting the nurse and, well, I already know who her teacher is going to be and she knows Danielle already, but dealing with the phys ed teacher, the music teacher, the principal, the resource teacher .... BLAH!! Why can't she just GO.TO.SCHOOL.???

    Anyhow, a big hug coming your way. I'm sure Brendon is going to have a great year :)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 8/28/2008 10:46 AM  

  • Stinks. Having the same sort of meetings over here. Hang in there.

    By Blogger Carey, at 8/28/2008 11:16 AM  

  • Yea, I'm tired of introducing Caroline at church and school and everywhere else as 'hi this is Caroline...now let me tell you all these other details'.

    I don't think its particularly helpful to the kid either, to constantly hear they are different. I'm just tired of it.

    By Blogger Brett, at 8/28/2008 4:01 PM  

  • Right there with you, sister.

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 8/28/2008 6:52 PM  

  • I empathize. I don't want to resent other parents as they blithely send their children off to do things that children should be sent off to do, but I do. I also resent other parents (and my own family members) when they act like we are "overprotective" for coming with the baggage that we do...snacks and kits and numbers and meds and warning signs and worries. Why can't we just let her be a kid? Or why can't we let her spend the night? Or why don't we let her eat that? Drives me nuts.

    Sorry. Maybe I shouldn't think about this when you're tired, either.

    By Blogger Paige, at 9/07/2008 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home