Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Christmas Story(s)

Jessica: Does Santa go around stealing toys from stores?

Me: No, he doesn't do that. Why are you asking?

Jessica: Then how does he get the toys?

Me: The elves make them.

Jessica: How do they make them look like the ones in the store?

Me: They're magic.

-----------------

(Background story: I was decorating the family room for Christmas and Jacob asked me if the family room were clean, would that make Santa happy. I told him it would make him VERY happy. So he said "OKaaa-aay, I'm going to clean the family room. Sure enough, he did just that and the family room was completely spotless! And he even placed some more decorations around the room. It actually looked really nice for the work of a 5 year old)

Jakey: Dad, will we be here for Christmas?

Jeff: No, we'll be in New Jersey.

Jakey: Then how will Santa give us our gifts?

Jeff: He'll know where you are and deliver them to Aunt J's house.

Jakey: Awww man! Does that mean we have to clean another family room?

-------------------

Jessica: Does Santa really exist?

Me: Yes he does.

Jessica: Oh yeah? PROVE it!

Me: I can't. He's magic.

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmahanukwanza.

14 Comments:

  • santa is magic! i remember those days! glad to see you posting!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/23/2008 10:42 AM  

  • Merry Christmahanukwanza to you as well, Shannon.

    I hope you and your family have a very special Christmahanukwanza season!

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 12/23/2008 11:28 AM  

  • LOL this made me chuckle :) I love the "I believe..." stage!

    Have a very happy holiday!

    By Blogger Jill, at 12/23/2008 11:39 AM  

  • So funny! Happy Holidays!

    By Blogger Carey, at 12/23/2008 12:06 PM  

  • So cute. And nice way to get that family room clean! :)

    Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger George, at 12/23/2008 1:30 PM  

  • HA HA HA! Good to see some new posts from you...stay warm!

    By Blogger Brett, at 12/23/2008 3:23 PM  

  • Have a wonderful Christmas. Drive safely.
    I love reading your kids' conversations!!
    (my word verification is "hyped") hee, hee!

    By Blogger meanderings, at 12/23/2008 6:58 PM  

  • Thanks for the update. What initiative with the cleaning of the family room. No lump of coal there! Merry Christmas Shannon and Family!

    By Blogger C.L.W., at 12/23/2008 8:57 PM  

  • I love it!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 12/23/2008 9:39 PM  

  • I would love to believe in something so much one again. Now that IS magical.
    I hope it was a good one.

    By Blogger Chris, at 12/28/2008 10:32 AM  

  • Hi Shannon,

    I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Diabetes Type 1 Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

    If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com

    By Blogger Dr.Rutledge, at 1/08/2009 1:57 PM  

  • you can help find a cure if you have a computer...check out this research group many of us belong to ..we are trying to find a cure for all kinds of disease....the research group does not ask or beg for money and you do not have to join just to read the message board..many of us have diabetes and want to find a cure .......... http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/10/2009 4:35 PM  

  • Happy holidays! Just wanted to let you know I'm adding you to my sidebar.

    Blessings!
    http://growingupartists2.blogspot.com

    By Blogger growingupartists, at 2/17/2009 6:08 PM  

  • I miss you!!

    Are you still blogging?

    How are you? How can I find ya these days? :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/10/2009 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home