Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, June 16, 2008

Can You All Do Me A Favor?

Hey everyone! I have some news to share...just tidbits of stuff going on...all good. I'll get to that next week since I'm still up to my ears in getting things squared away with events I've mentioned in my previous post.

The favor I need from all of you is to read his story posted on Kate's blog. Kate is a fellow Type 1 mom and she interviewed her friend who has Type 1. Don't show pity, but take this lesson away with you:

No matter how much a person is broken down by the ones he loves the most and by those he knows the least, it takes a special person to overcome the cruelty of human nature and to create a life for himself that makes him happy.

No matter how awful his father was to him (and that is just the tip of the iceberg in his torturous experience as a teenager) he still sent his dad a Father's Day card only to have it returned to him unopened.

Children will always love their parents no matter how terribly they are treated by them. That to me is the most heartbreaking thing I could ever think of.

So, please, I think you owe it to yourselves to read his story. I came away with a more optimistic attitude toward those who are treated the worst and come out on top in spite of it.

6 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness. Everyone needs to read that for so many reasons.

    wow.

    By Blogger George, at 6/16/2008 4:59 PM  

  • That was good, Shannon. The human spirit is amazing, isn't it?

    By Blogger Minnesota Nice, at 6/16/2008 6:03 PM  

  • Oh wow Shannon. I simply cannot imagine ... just simply cannot. What horrors that young man has lived through.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 6/16/2008 9:04 PM  

  • Wow. What a resilient guy! I can't even imagine....

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 6/16/2008 9:24 PM  

  • Reminds me of the story on the news I recently saw of a man who beat a toddler to death in the middle of the street.

    Some people make me want to do things to them that you just can't post in public view.

    By Blogger Brett, at 6/19/2008 8:43 AM  

  • Shannon, Thank you for leading us to that post. Taylor and I read it together and we both walked away with amazing lessons. I am glad that he was willing to share his story, it was heartbreaking and so very inspiring.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 6/20/2008 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home