Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Sayonara For A While

Every now and then, I need a break from blogging and the internets. It's so easy to get sucked in while searching and exploring, reading, playing Scrabulous, etc. etc. etc. and a bunch of other etc.'s.

I start my every morning with coffee and my list of blogs to read and the next thing you know, I'm behind on everything including a shower.....

While I'm gone I'm going to:

1. Lose about 5 pounds to fit into this dress that I will wear as a bridesmaid at my brother's wedding in 2 weeks: Click on the green swatch (Olivine)

2. See a doctor about prescribing something that helps with the blotchiness that I know will show up all over my chest and neck when I'm in any situation that raises my adrenaline level or when I drink alcohol...which I know will happen when I'm wearing that extremely exposing dress walking down the aisle....dancing to embarass my brother at the reception...etc. etc. etc.

3. I will read this book.

4. I will make another attempt at following Flylady (that pain in my ass (but oh so necessary) bitch) which requires a minute of internet time, but I will print the list each day rather than clicking on links and getting sucked in.

5. Watch my littlest one graduate from preschool.

6. Hope that at Brendon's appointment next week, his A1C is better than the last time (which wasn't bad, but still).

7. Try my damndest to not get sucked in by the internets!

8. Watch my little bro get married.

12 Comments:

  • See you later... I know what you mean about getting sucked in. Enjoy your time away.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 6/05/2008 3:17 PM  

  • Have a nice summer Shannon!

    By Blogger Penny Ratzlaff, at 6/05/2008 3:36 PM  

  • I think taking a break is a fantastic idea! Sometimes it is exactly what we need to just stay focused on ourselves and our families. Oh, and I love flylady!! Well, looking at her website, I haven't taken the jump quite yet...

    Enjoy yourself! I will be thinking about you!

    By Blogger ~Suzanne~, at 6/05/2008 3:55 PM  

  • Welcome to the Break! You might find that you like it here.

    1. LURV that dress. I covet.

    2. Hope all goes well with Brendon's appointment.

    3. Have fun!

    4. We'll be here...waiting patiently.

    By Blogger Paige, at 6/05/2008 4:04 PM  

  • Enjoy your time off.

    remember all the rest of us losers will still be here when you get back. ROFL....

    By Blogger Michelle, at 6/05/2008 4:34 PM  

  • Don't be gone for too long!

    I tried FlyLady once and failed miserably!

    By Blogger Life As I Know It, at 6/05/2008 5:00 PM  

  • Flylady was the bane of my life for a little while. I can make myself feel guilty enough, I don't need added guilt from the internets.

    Have fun on your break!

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 6/05/2008 5:09 PM  

  • Breaks are good. Unless it's in a bone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2008 6:04 PM  

  • Enjoy the wedding, the preschool graduation, everything!
    And just think, if we're lucky, NH is even going to feel like summer this weekend.
    See you later!

    By Blogger meanderings, at 6/05/2008 6:33 PM  

  • Enjoy your break Shannon - sometimes it's nice to take one :D

    I'll miss ya, though!

    Flylady ... just can't do it - I tried twice and could not do it. I wish you all the best with that one! LOL.

    Have fun at your brothers wedding and at Jacobs graduation :D

    By Blogger Jamie, at 6/05/2008 11:35 PM  

  • Oh shit- If I lived by myself, Flylady would be a breeze. it's those other people that muck it all up for me, putting dirty glasses in the sink after I polished it and gone to bed! LOL Too stressful. :P

    That dress is gorgeous and girly and perfect! I get the blotchies, too. It's a fair skinned thing. I practically wore a turtleneck to my own wedding because of it!

    By Blogger Lea, at 6/06/2008 12:58 PM  

  • Come back soon and have a good break!
    k2

    By Blogger k2, at 6/07/2008 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home