Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Always A Bridesmaid.....

My soon to be sister-in-law called me yesterday to officially ask me to be a bridesmaid in my brother's and her wedding in June.

With tears brimming, I said yes.

And then realized I have to step up my weight loss game.

I started out doing that Clean-Eating diet.

And I hadn't lost weight!!

So, I thought maybe it's my portion sizes.

I joined Weight Watchers again in the hopes that it will tighten up my portion sizes. Plus I liked going to the meetings and doing the weigh-ins.

The leader whose meetings I had gone to, and will go to again, had a no-nonsense quit-your-whining-and-count-your-damn-points kind of attitude. I work better when people don't coddle me. Because coddling causes me to get cozy and comfy in emotional bliss.

But, I need to remain on my toes and not get too comfortable with not trying my best and saying it's OK to gain weight. Why go through all of the effort if I'm going to sabotage it all with not paying attention to my food intake.

I am by no means perfect.

I know what my weaknesses are.

I hope to keep those weaknesses at bay.

There are a grip of OCer's doing Weight Watchers, so I hope we can have virtual meetings to help encourage each other to stay on track.

I'll be posting updates here if you ever want to visit.

5 Comments:

  • Since you had just emailed me about WW I didn't want to mention it in my post! HOORAY! I am so excited.

    I will definitely check in on you and the GRIP you are gonna lose.

    Sweet.

    By Blogger George, at 1/20/2008 11:08 AM  

  • Good luck, Shannon! You're very determined - I know you can do it!

    By Blogger Donna, at 1/20/2008 11:49 AM  

  • You can do it! You can do it!

    By the wedding you'll be raving about the GRIP of weight you lost!

    Go go go!

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 1/20/2008 11:56 AM  

  • Good for you! We're here rooting for you. If only weight watchers allowed the under 18 crowd I would be joining you guys.

    By Blogger Jillian, at 1/20/2008 3:22 PM  

  • Ah, I know you'll do great! You have a goal set and it's not going to change!

    You go girl!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 1/21/2008 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home