Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks



My college roommate had a boyfriend who belonged to a frat. She told me when she saw the frat house for the first time, she saw they had Monet paintings hanging all over the place. When she mentioned how gay it was for them to have those paintings in a frat house, he explained that they hung them up not because they liked them, but because: "Chicks dig Monet."

I took the pic of the Monet painting of the turkeys at the Orsay Museum in Paris.


I am thankful because the pic I took is perfect for Thanksgiving, and the story I told along with the pic creates a pun...and I love puns. Now I have a warm fuzzy feeling....

I am thankful for all of the support you all gave me for my mini-meltdown over making the hot chocolate (if I didn't use cocoa powder, there'd be a pun in that statement). That support is why I love the OC. I can breakdown over a seemingly insignificant thing, but you all know that it wasn't so insignificant because you all know it's just one of thousands of simple tasks that become laborious at times.

I am thankful for my family's health.

I am thankful that I have a family!

I am thankful I have a warm roof over my head.

I am thankful that I can make a meal under that warm roof to nourish my family with good fattening high carb foods if only for a day...or two.

I am thankful that Brendon has a pump that lets him eat whenever he wants and lets him eat high carb foods if only for a day.

I am thankful for a lot.

I am thankful for having all of you.

Happy Thanksgiving.....

10 Comments:

  • Happy Thanksgiving to YOU Shannon!
    I count you as one of my blessings.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2007 1:13 AM  

  • I'm thankful for you too, Shannon!

    Have a great day today.

    ox, Nicole

    By Blogger Nicole P, at 11/22/2007 1:19 AM  

  • ahahah That cracks me up about Monet in the Frat house.

    Great picture, too.

    I am thankful for you and I wish you and your family a wonderful thanksgiving!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11/22/2007 2:26 AM  

  • I am thankful for you as well. Wishing you and the family a happy thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Jillian, at 11/22/2007 7:45 AM  

  • Happy Thanksgiving Shannon!!
    I'm thankful for you and everyone here :)
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful day.

    By Blogger Lea, at 11/22/2007 8:26 AM  

  • And I am thankful for you, Shannon. You and your awesome sense of humor!

    Have a wonderful day!

    By Blogger Paige, at 11/22/2007 9:52 AM  

  • Wasn't that Billy Idol? "I love you Monet, Monet, Monet, yeah I do..."

    Happy Thanksgiving, and more than anything thanks to you for welcoming me into the OC to begin with. It has meant so much to me!

    By Blogger Naomi, at 11/22/2007 11:42 AM  

  • Happy Turkey Day to you too :)

    Eat, drink and be merry! (oh, and bolus, bolus, bolus ;) )

    By Blogger Jamie, at 11/22/2007 2:10 PM  

  • Good things to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Christine, at 11/22/2007 4:16 PM  

  • Best wishes to you, Shannon! I am grateful to you too.

    By Blogger Annie, at 11/23/2007 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home