Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ellen Has Left The Building

(cont.)

The girls and I were panicked. Poor Ellen. Where was she? What had we done? We set out to corrupt the most pristine girl and set her up instead to be raped and pillaged. Damn us!

The girls and I were fiercely loyal and protective of one another at parties. There was the distinct chance of being taken advantage of at any moment (I don't think there was a reported rape on campus ever...but the fear our mothers instilled in us was strong). So for Ellen to have gone missing set us on a course that we would not fail to falter from even if it took us to the ends of the earth and back.

The five of us left the frat house and asked every group of college kids we saw if they happened to see a lone, staggering girl anywhere. Or if they had seen a girl being dragged away against her will.

Sure they saw staggering girls, but none were alone and none seemed to be dragged along by anyone. The night was still young, btw. But no one was being dragged against their will, though.

We went to the Sigma Pi house where we had meant to move on to from DKE and asked if Ellen had shown up.

A frat brother said he had seen her and that she left with one of the brothers.

Oh no. Here it was. Teresa and I were devastated. Poor Ellen had been taken away and was probably being pillaged at that very moment. (Drunkness does wonders for providing dramatical emotions)

I told the girls that we should go back to our dorm rooms to call security so that they could help us look for her.

We raced back to our rooms. I unlocked the door and turned on the light. I was stunned and shocked and I sobered immediately upon seeing Ellen...in bed...with one big dangly earring in one ear, and the other big dangly earring sitting on the night stand. I called for Teresa and she came in and looked just as stunned as I did.

WTF...

We looked at each other and had the same thought:

We pulled the covers off of her to see if she was stilled clothed. And she was. Thank you God!

The other girls came in and we all stood around talking about how relieved we were that she was safe.

Ellen was stoned cold passed out. Nothing was going to wake her, so we decided to grill her for details in the morning.

Morning arrived and Ellen was the last to wake. The poor girl was...not even hung over!! That blew me away...but, I digress.

I called the four other girls in and we asked Ellen what happened and how worried about her we were. Here is Ellen's account of what happened:

Shannon told me to stay in the hallway so that she could look for all of you. So I waited and waited and went off looking for everyone. I couldn't find you at all, so I asked one of the brothers if he had seen you guys and he said "Yeah, they left". I was so fucking pissed that you guys would leave me so I said 'fuck this' and left the house. I figured I could find you all at Sigma Pi, so I went there and asked a brother if you guys were there and a brother said "Yeah, but they left". I was so out of it that Brooks (a Sigma brother) said he'd walk me home. He brings me up to the room, walks me to the bed, I lay down, and he took off my earring and put it on the night stand. He pulled my shoes off, pulled the covers up to my chin. Then he kissed me on the cheek and said 'I love you, Ellen' and turned out the light and walked out of the room. I was like did I hear him right? Did he just say he loved me? I didn't even know he knew my name.


Oh what a night.

2 Comments:

  • Ha ha!! Great story!!

    Thanks for sharing it with us Shannon :)

    By Blogger Jamie, at 7/18/2007 11:22 AM  

  • Wonderfully told story. I am so glad she was ok, that so could have turned out badly. Sounds like you guys were very close and had tons of fun together. I am glad to hear that you still all get together to catch up. We had a group like that in high school but I have not seen them in years.

    By Blogger Vivian, at 7/18/2007 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home