Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Friday, February 09, 2007

Let Him Eat Crow

Kids. Can't live with 'em....can't live with 'em.

Read below for the reference. This morning I told Brendon I was sending a note with him to his teacher about looking out for lows. Then I told him there was another note for him to tape to his desk.

He looked at me warily and said, "Mom, I was fine yesterday. I didn't feel out of control. I lied to you."

"Why did you lie to me?"

"Because I didn't want to get in trouble for not writing my name on my paper."

After further inquiry from me, he admitted that he lied about feeling out of control so that he wouldn't get in trouble with me. I asked him about getting all of those wrong answers on his math work....didn't he feel low then? He said he didn't feel low, he just did the work backwards.

"Mom, do I have to go to school today? I just want to stay home."

"No, you have to go...why don't you want to go?"

"I don't want to have to write my name 25 times. Why can't they just make me write it 14 times...why 25?"

"Get over it! What's the big deal about writing your name? It's not a punishment...just a reminder to remember to write your name. I'll bet you won't forget, right?"

"Mom can you give me that note that I have to tape on my desk?"

"To remind your teacher that you feel low?"

"No, make sure it says to remember to write my name on my papers. Write it regular, not in script so I can read it."

So I did it. Man, this kid really hates getting disciplined.

11 Comments:

  • LOL!

    That little bugger!

    Kids. :-)

    By Blogger Sandra Miller, at 2/09/2007 10:13 AM  

  • Go back to my comment on the last post...... See it is VERY tricky. Kids and adults we are all the same..... why not use this dam D to help us out some times?! Don't think too badly of brendon for this. Honestly, isn't he just being human? The balance of using D has a crutch, wanting to fit in with the other kids, learning to cope with each of our own individual problems is a circus act.

    By Blogger Chrissie in Belgium, at 2/10/2007 4:55 AM  

  • This is so weird - I just saw that my comment on your last post ISN'T THERE! I am having all sorts of problems leaving comments. Anyhow, you get the gist of my earlier comment through my comment left here....

    By Blogger Chrissie in Belgium, at 2/10/2007 5:00 AM  

  • Chrissie, I don't think he was using D as an excuse. I came up with the theory of him being low...he never volunteered the info of being low until I brought it up. I don't think badly of him at all! I was quite amused by the whole thing and was glad he piped up before the note got to his teacher. Maybe the post should've been titled "Let ME eat crow" :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/10/2007 6:58 AM  

  • oh my! in response to your last comment on my blog.....ahhhhhhh,

    There i got it out. And iam very excited but also afraid to have another child. This morning She was up at 6. Crawled into bed with us. And there is absolutely no reasoning or bargaining with a 2year old that just hopped into mommy and daddy's bed. So here i am.

    Your little Brendon is a clever little dude. I like him. But i wish i can see more of your little guy banging on a storage container from time to time.

    By Blogger Chris, at 2/10/2007 8:55 AM  

  • Nobody likes to be punished.
    He is such a good kid, such a sweetie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/11/2007 2:14 AM  

  • What a stinker! So do you think he really was low since it was so atypical of him not to do as well on his worksheet?

    By Blogger Erica, at 2/12/2007 9:01 AM  

  • Btw - did you survive the 11 relatives??!! You are amazing, I'd have a nervous breakdown. I'm an only child and too many people makes me twitchy.

    By Blogger Erica, at 2/12/2007 9:15 AM  

  • Erica,

    I don't mind at all because visiting relatives = babysitters ;)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 2/12/2007 9:17 AM  

  • I think Charlie might do the same thing if in the same position.

    I'll definitely need lots of advice from you and others in the OC as we get closer to the Fall - when Charlie goes to kindergarten. The thought of him being out of our sight is very scary.

    By Blogger Carey, at 2/12/2007 10:59 AM  

  • Yeah that discipline works on him. It's amazing how some children today aren't afraid of anything or anyone.

    By Blogger Ally, at 2/12/2007 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home