Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Monday, September 11, 2006

My Girl

Yeah, I'm here to brag. This girl of mine is something else.

First she potty trains herself...just up on the pot on her own initiative a couple months shy of being three years old...underwear ever since.

Then this weekend, she teaches herself how to tie her shoe. "Mom, is this how you tie a shoe?", she asks as she demonstrates. "Uh, yeah, uh, where did you learn to do that?", I ask, dumbfounded.
"I don't know", she says.

Now, tonight, she rode a bike for the first time. Just a little push from Brendon and she's off riding across the lawn. Never practiced before. She was never exposed to a bike without training wheels. She just happened to get on Brendon's bike and pedaled off.

Next month she'll be 5 years old. I can't imagine what the future has in store for her...or should I say, what she has in store for the future.

11 Comments:

  • Good grief. Well, you can't say she doesn't pick things up quickly!

    She looks just like you, Shannon.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 9/11/2006 10:04 PM  

  • go girl go! Pretty little sweetheart!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 9/12/2006 2:04 AM  

  • Julia, I just don't see it. Maybe a little. Although everyone I know says we look alike.

    Thanks Corey :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/12/2006 7:28 AM  

  • She is very cute. And she was lots of fun at the museum in Boston and she didn't seem to care that Nicole and I were trotting after her in the "grocery store" and making failed attempts to reorganize all that chaos. She was very patient with us. :)

    You have such a nice family, Shannon. But knowing you, it's obvious why.

    By Blogger Kerri., at 9/12/2006 9:24 AM  

  • Aww Kerri, thank you :D

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/12/2006 10:45 AM  

  • So cute and smart. And, she likes my big clunky shoes. Gotta love this girl! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/12/2006 12:56 PM  

  • She's a clever little girl, Shannon :) I can't say if she looks like you or not - I've never seen you before LOL - but she is a pretty girl!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 9/12/2006 2:29 PM  

  • Nicole, she'll wear my chunkiest shoes and clunk around the house in them....must've been your influence!

    Jamie, I'm waiting until a good picture is taken of me to post!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/12/2006 2:41 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/12/2006 2:41 PM  

  • Wow! That's incredible! Kind of scary in a way - but a way that makes you smile with admiration.

    It will be all you can do to just stay out of her way and see where the potential carries her!

    This post made me smile - thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Scott K. Johnson, at 9/15/2006 10:45 PM  

  • Scott,

    It would be scary if she were the Devil incarnate, but she's my easy one :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 9/16/2006 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home