Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas????

**Whine ALERT**


Last night Jeff made his flight arrangements for his trip in May to Lost Wages with his brother and a friend.

We're 0 for 4 (or is it 5 with this trip? We've lost count). That's my big 0 to his 4th or 5th trip.

In June, I'm taking an overnight trip to Rhode Island with a few girlfriends to tour the mansions while my husband gets a trip to the land of T & A, gambling, shows, clubs, drinking....

Last year, the same friends with whom I'm taking this year's trip, and I went to eastern Long Island to tour the wineries. That was a blast. Not that we got up on the snooty bars and shook our bootyliciousness although by the end of the day we were ready to do just that.

On our way home from the Wino Tour we hit Mohegan Sun. It wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. I hit the slots, and instead of being showered with coins, you get a slip of paper at the end of a win. Joy.

Then I almost got into a fist fight with a 90 year old man over a penny slot that was FINALLY given up by another 90 year old man. Being the lady that I am, I conceded and gave him the throne. Let him lose his $10, I'm holding onto mine!

And here's Jeff whose going to get sat on by strippers, free drinks at the tables, sumptuous dinners, dancing at the clubs with girls, possibly fitting in a show if they get sick of the million and 1 strip joints.

I need to shake up my old geezer friends and plan a trip to somewhere good next year.

*Sorry if I sound whiney. The winters up here are toooo loooong.

14 Comments:

  • Ooh, the mansions! I love going down there. I've been on the Breakers tour THREE times now - it's where all my out-of-town guests want to go. It's lovely, though. Can you imagine living like that? Bliss.

    Your vineyard trip sounds like a great time, too. That sort of thing can be so much fun and so good for the psyche.

    I need to FIND girlfriends that want to do things like that. The one close-by friend that I have who's into that kind of stuff is so freaking' busy that we have to plan things months in advance.

    I need a long weekend away. Sadly, it's not going to happen any time soon.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 3/22/2006 9:09 AM  

  • Julia!! I'll go somewhere with you next year!! I'm sure we'll plan another trip somewhere and you can come!

    I have to admit that the mansion tour is going to be great, but when put up against Vegas, it seems a little drabbish, LOL.

    The winery tour was so much fun. I spent about $10 bucks for the entire day and got plastered...in a nice way :)

    I only have one friend who likes to do things and she has two other friends that she invites. She'd love to have you come along. She's super easy that way.

    Please consider it for next year.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/22/2006 9:16 AM  

  • I have to admit that Vegas is one of the last places on earth that I would go. In fact, friends of our were trying to lure us there this year, and we declined the trip.

    Given the choice, I will go for natural beauty every time over man-made glitz and glamor. But that's just me....

    By Blogger Johnboy, at 3/22/2006 9:39 AM  

  • I don't know.... I guess because I've been cooped up in the house all winter with 3 very young kids, letting loose sounds a little more attractive right now.

    Any other day I would choose the mansion tour because I love that stuff.

    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that I get a short weekend away, but when weighed against Jeff's trip, I'm jealous.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/22/2006 9:45 AM  

  • Come to France!

    By Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques, at 3/22/2006 10:41 AM  

  • That's on my wishlist, Corey!!!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/22/2006 10:54 AM  

  • Does that lady in the picture have abnormally LONG butt cheeks or is it just me??

    I'm jealous of the get-aways too. I don't care where it's to - I just need to GET AWAY! Mansions do sound boring compared to Vegas but I'm sure you will all have fun anyway :-)

    By Blogger Erica, at 3/22/2006 11:23 AM  

  • I think her thong is pulled up extra high.

    Erica!! I can just imagine you and I making trouble, LOL.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/22/2006 11:32 AM  

  • My hubby is going to Vegas in mid May for a wedding and I am jealous too. Not because I want to visit Vegas but to get to go somewhere without kids or responsibility. =) I never have gotten to do the weekend thing with the girls. Sounds like fun. Wherever you choose to go have a little fun for me(and maybe a drink or two).

    By Blogger Vivian, at 3/22/2006 6:33 PM  

  • I'm going to squeeze as much fun into my one day a year that I get away as I possibly can.

    I will definitely have a drink for ya :)

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/22/2006 9:46 PM  

  • I'd love to go, Shannon, if money permits. Mansions, wineries, NYC, coastal Maine, whatever. As long as there's no tents involved, I'm pretty easy going. Me + camping = not pretty.

    I went to Napa with a friend from SF and had a lovely time. We drank wine and went to a spa. I was so relaxed, I was almost comatose.

    By Blogger Major Bedhead, at 3/23/2006 9:49 AM  

  • My friends and I are very frugal. We're sharing a room which comes out to $33 per person. If we do the winery tour, samples are free depending on what menu you choose and the choices typically don't run more than $5.

    The trip we took last year ran me about $150 total (food, lodging, drunkness).

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/23/2006 9:59 AM  

  • Listen, if you want to come to RI and get into some trouble, let me know. I have contacts For Trouble.

    What happens in RI Ends Up ... on the Blog?

    By Blogger Kerri., at 3/26/2006 4:10 AM  

  • I'd love to kick up some Trouble in RI. Let me know what you have in mind. My friends are game too.

    Cooped up, winterized moms are almost as bad as college Spring Breakers. You could have a real mess on your hands, LOL.

    As long as there is nothing incriminating against me, what happens in RI will certainly end up on the blog!

    By Blogger Shannon, at 3/26/2006 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home