Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Rant About Women's Feminine Hygiene Products

Women have certain hygienic challenges that many come face to face with during the course of their lives. It's just a fact of life and one that we'd all like to be kept PRIVATE!!!

None of us talk about it with each other.

I don't hold hands with my mom walking down the beach asking her what she uses to keep her hooha clean and fresh.

In fact, I don't even want to KNOW she has a hooha! My mom has Barbie Doll privates as far as I'm concerned!

Women and men alike have been subjected to watching commercials like a recent one where a woman is window shopping with a screwed expression on her face like she's about to shit her pants and the voice over asks: "Do you have a burning itch down there? Embarassing odor that no matter how often you bathe you just can't get rid of?"

Guess what voice over! It's none of your business!! Do you honestly think women are willing to come forth with their hygienic problems??? Women don't even want to show the cellulite in their thighs! What makes you think they would want to admit they smell like fishermen after a month out at sea??

Last night's commercial really did it for me. A woman is walking down the street acting all gay and peppy, looking pretty in her light, flowy, sleeveless dress enjoying the men ogling her when she steps in front of a cop car sitting in an alley.

She stops and faces the cop car

Lifts her arm

And smells her armpit!!!!! She rolls her eyes in ecstasy and continues on her merry little way.

WTF is wrong with you you advertisers for Secret deodorant!!!!

Do we see men asking each other what jock itch product they use for itchy balls as they scratch away?

Do we see men sniffing their pits and acting like they just smelled cinnamon buns?

So why the hell do advertisers think it's OK to subject actresses to do and say the most embarrassing things that could possibly be thought of?

End of rant...thanks for reading.

10 Comments:

  • Haven't you raged against marketing before?

    I love you, you're insane, like me.

    By Blogger Sunshine, at 7/06/2008 10:40 AM  

  • hi, i heve found this blogspot, while i just search in the google, you can view my complete profile in my site, and allow me to add your site in my blogroll. thanks.

    By Blogger Gudang Data, at 7/06/2008 11:36 AM  

  • Sunshine,
    I have raged before and guess what...I was an advertising major in college, LOL.

    Hi Shiwot,
    Thanks for visiting. You're recipes look great.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/06/2008 12:17 PM  

  • OMG - I'm laughing so hard over here. I'm sure you didn't intend for people to laugh, but the way you worded things made me lose it (sniffing cinnamon buns and smelling like a fisherman at sea for a month) - ahhhh, girl, you crack me up!

    But - you are right. You never see a commercial with a bunch of guys discussing dego problems, butt rott or any other hygienic problems. Not sure why it's funny when a woman does it!

    By Blogger Jamie, at 7/06/2008 10:41 PM  

  • Of course I intended people to laugh! LOL. It's actually a funny kind of rant :D

    LMFAO!! What is dego?

    Don't guys get jungle rot or something? What kinds of hygienic problems does Vince fill meds for? LOL.

    By Blogger Shannon, at 7/06/2008 11:17 PM  

  • the one i always hated were the massengill commercials where the mother gives one to her daughter to be "fresh" EXCUSE ME? oh yeah, that's just what i need... a douche!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/07/2008 1:30 AM  

  • That fucking Secret commercial makes me yell at the tv. What real person walks around like a dumbass making overly exaggerated arm gestures like that??? Crazy, I tell you.

    By Blogger Lea, at 7/07/2008 6:30 AM  

  • Dego? A cling-on ... same thing ... Some guys are "hairy" down there and ..well, this is really gross and I should stop now ... I can email you the details if inquiring minds want to know LOL but really, it's one of those TMI things and you don't see commercials about THAT! LOL.

    I think one of the things he fills Rx's for is jock itch - but really, I don't ask him - maybe I will now LOL.

    By Blogger Jamie, at 7/07/2008 11:49 AM  

  • What's that smell?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/08/2008 2:18 PM  

  • Wow... I really hate that commercial too. ESPECIALLY the part when she hails a taxi, causing it to slam on its brakes, then yells "Nevermind, I'll Walk!"

    That kind of behavior rubs me the wrong way in real life, it'd only make sense to have the same effect watching it being glorified on TV!

    By Blogger Albert, at 7/17/2008 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home