Mom Wants A Diabetes Cure

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Who Knew Candy At Midnight Was So Good For You

I had a chance to meet Lea and her son Noah yesterday. Pretty much whatever she wrote is what I was going to write.

But let me add that I was REALLY happy to meet them both. When I first came upon Lea's blog (through Penny's) I felt like I was reading what I, myself, wrote and felt that certain connection when you can really relate to what's being written.

She and I talked on the phone to set up a place and time and had a great, fun conversation, so I was excited that we would have a good meet.

I wasn't disappointed. She was easy to talk to, she has the kind of humor I appreciate, and we both shared things that no other mom we knew could share with each other. It was good that the connection through the blogs carried through to us speaking in person.

Now, Noah is a real character (he does an awesome Oprah impression declaring her friendship with John Travolta). I love him. He and Brendon got along seamlessly and as Lea described on her blog, the squeal that came out of him when he discovered that Brendon has the same Cozmo (right down to the color) was hysterical. He and Brendon got such a kick out of it. And Noah was more than willing to demonstrate how the meter works that he has connected to the pump. We have it too, but just never got around to using it. Now Brendon is hammering us to get it hooked up so he can use it too.

Another thing is that Noah keeps his pump in his pocket. You all know the issue we had (written in a recent post) about Brendon not wanting to use a pump pack anymore. Well, after seeing where Noah keeps it, we took off his pack right then and there and he popped his pump into his pocket. (NOTE TO PENNY: The pockets will be in definite use for the lighter fabric shorts, pants, pajamas...and Lea is interested in using them as well).

I thought we got along well enough to suggest to Lea that she and I should get out for a "mom's night out" and that the boys should get together more often.

I was honored to meet them and hope they will become friends that we can see more often.

3 Comments:

  • Shannon, you are so sweet!

    I agree- next time we ditch the kids and go out ourselves! :) lol

    By Blogger Lea, at 7/29/2007 12:48 PM  

  • Isn't it so much fun to meet fellow d-bloggers?!?! Nothing better than a good laugh about such a frustrating disease!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/29/2007 1:56 PM  

  • I KNEW as soon as I read Lea's blog that you two (and the boys) would hit it off!

    By Blogger If not a mother..., at 7/29/2007 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home